- Has photos (0 photos)
- Has videos (0 videos)
- Has audio (0 audio)
Britain’s Got Talent judge David Walliams has officially been hailed as the nation’s best-loved celebrity dad. The telly funnyman, 41, became a father for the first time last month when Dutch model wife Lara Stone gave birth to their son Alfred.
Former Little Britain star Walliams beat singer Robbie Williams to claim the title.
Ex-Take That star Williams, 39, is dad to daughter Theodora, born to his wife Ayda Field on October last year.
Double Olympic gold medallist Mo Farah, who became a dad to twins Aisha and Amani in August 2012 with new wife Tania Neil, was third in the Doting Dad poll of 2,000 mums by parenting website Bounty.
Lisa Penney, spokeswoman for the Bounty ‘Celebrity Doting Dad Award’ said:
“We are thrilled David has won.
”Famous dads are often hailed as being the nation’s favourites simply because of their celebrity status and good looks – and not necessarily because of their personality or parenting skills.
”Everyday mums no doubt warm to David as he clearly doesn’t take himself or his fame too seriously and along with his wife Lara, seems to have a down-to-earth, fun approach to life, managing to keep their relationship and new baby as private as possible.”
London-born Walliams was hailed for his warm personality, comedy genius and huge success as a children’s author.
Other celebrity dads to make the top ten were Elton John, Miranda star, Tom Ellis, Jack Osbourne, Chris Evans, Hugh Grant, Mark Owen and Jamie Cullum.
Prominent celebrity dads who missed out were Guy Ritchie and Alex Reid.
TOP TEN CELEB DADS
1. David Walliams – Alfred (born May 2013)
2. Robbie Williams – Theodora (Teddy) (born October 2012)
3. Mo Farah -Aisha and Amani (born August 2012) and Rihanna (step daughter) aged eight
4. Elton John – Elijah (born January 2013) and Zachary, aged two
5. Tom Ellis – Marnie Mae (born August 2012) and Florence, aged four
6. Jack Osbourne – Pearl, born April 2012
7. Chris Evans – Eli (born June 2012) and Noah, aged four
8. Hugh Grant – Felix (born February 2013) and Tabitha, aged one
9. Mark Owen – Fox India (born July 2012) and Elwood, aged six and Willow, aged four
10. Jamie Cullum – Margot (born March 2013) and Lyra, aged two